Saturday 22 March 2014

What else?

I think it's possible that I'm experiencing a little PTSD following last weekend's activities. As I write this, it's 2:08pm and I'm in my PJs, nestled in bed, with tea, my new book, and the latest copy of HELLO. Are you judging?



Apart from pure laziness, what else has the week entailed?

Chris took me skate skiing. Have you had a chance to try it? Our mutual friend Brent, is in charge of rentals, and hooked us up nicely. I'd like to think I would have caught onto it a little quicker, but I'll admit, I was absolutely hating life for the first 30 mins. Hating life, tripping over your skis, and gasping for air, as you're forgetting that essential breathing part, makes this quite the exercise. I actually can't wait to try it again. The outward toe-point makes it a bit awkward, but once you get used to that, it's quite fun. The downhill remains positively terrifying, but the rest suits me just fine. Why wouldn't you want to complete your exercise in a winter wonderland?

Hmm, what else? Coffee and a catch up with one of my best friends from Victoria. Lots of walks in the neighbourhood, strolls around Granville Island, a BBQ at the place that Pat is house sitting, and a new book.

The Rosie Project is HILARIOUS. It reminds me of an adult version of The Curious incident of the Dog in the night. I totally agree with one of the reviews as I would LOVE to go for a beer with Graeme Simsion. Genius.




















This one is from a couple of weekends ago. A catch up with some friends from high school. So great to see these ladies after what seems like far too long. So long that I hadn't met some of their little ones. Sad!




No comments:

Post a Comment