Monday 28 October 2013

Lady Luck.



I knew my blogging routine would take a hit as I transitioned my world back to Vancouver, but wow, I did not expect life to become such a whirl wind.
I'm sure you're sick of hearing me complain, but I can positively attest that the reverse integration has been much more challenging than the first few weeks abroad (yes, flat hunting and all). I had dinner with a family friend this week and she found THIS article in the Vancouver Sun. Yes, I can relate. So I will quit my public moaning and groaning, and should you find me puffy eyed, and short for words, this article might help explain some of it.

Lucky for me, my friends, family, and colleagues, have done their best to keep track of me, and I have a wonderful last couple of days because of them. On Friday my department and I attended a wonderful pro-d workshop at the Vancouver Art Gallery (I'll blog it later), and then a cozy beer (cough- department meeting) at Granville Island. On Friday evening, I met my friends for dinner in Kits. Saturday may have included a last minute purchase of Dixie Chicks tickets (one hour before showtime), and you're about to see today's lovely catch-up with the Mays at The Teahouse in Stanley Park.

I met Kristin and Laurent at The Teahouse for a wonderful brunch shortly after noon.



It was a beautiful fall day, and the park looked beautiful.



We started with tea, and lattes, and Kristin and Laurent had freshly baked croissants (though I arrived too late to snap a photo of those).


I had the Parmesan omelette. It wasn't fabulous, but it wasn't terrible (sorry).


Laurent had the Steak Sandwich which looked tasty.


Kristin had the Belgian Waffles. Yes, that's chocolate sauce. I was jealous.


 Below is my side of fruit. Not quite the same as chocolate sauce.


This was the first time I'd seen them post-wedding. You know, 'husband and wife' and all that stuff...


After lunch, we strolled out to appreciate the view. The Teahouse is a great place to take out of town guests for this very reason. You can finish (or begin) your day with a stroll on the seawall. 

Needless to say, it's lovely to see Vancouver without the fog.


There was a slight lady bug infestation in the park on Sunday (a tad creepy, but Krisin promised they were good luck).


I sure hope so, as we stopped counting after we found six on me. 


How did you spend your weekend?

I spent both days apartment hunting, washing the car (ahem..taking it through the carwash), and grocery shopping. I then made pad thai and ate it in front of Downton Abbey. The perfect end to a VERY LONG week.

The coming week isn't looking much different, but I'm hoping to get a few more posts done, and get back into the hobby I love. 

Thanks for checking in!







No comments:

Post a Comment