Wednesday 29 August 2012

Winter White (and my new jacket).


White Tweed Jacket - ZARA
image
Is anyone else as excited as I am to throw caution to the wind and wear white after Labour Day? It's true, 'Winter White' is trending this fall, so now is as good a time as any to give it a try.

The above white tweed jacket is my latest purchase. I bought it on Monday from Zara. I justified the purchase of this Chanel inspired coat because I thought it was the epitome of what  'London-Fun-Courtenay' should look like. Don't you agree?

Now how should I wear it?

Look from Atlantic-Pacific

image from here.


image found here


image from here
Talbots (old)

image from here.



Some tips for wearing 'Winter White': (found here)


1) Off-white, ivory, and cream tones are easier to pull off in the cooler weather than pure white (Yes, I'm slightly concerned that my new little jacket is a little bright- I guess we'll see)

2)  White knits, corduroys, leathers, thick cottons and heavy laces will all look great in the winter. Light materials such as linen and sheer fabrics look more summery

3)Toughen up a white outfit with boots, a knit hat, or a scarf to create an intentional winter look.




No comments:

Post a Comment