Friday 13 July 2012

Due South.

My best friend and I took a trip across the border yesterday for some retail therapy.  The Seattle Premium Outlets in Tulalip, Washington are an easy day trip from Vancouver, and it's another half hour to get to Bellevue for some real shopping.

Kristin and I had no real agenda, and it was a gorgeous day for a road trip in the mini. She picked me up bright and early, we made a quick pit stop at Bean Around the World for some caffeine, popped the sunroof, and off we went.

All in a day's work- Kristin fires off a few work emails before as our cell phones 'go black' after crossing the 49th parallel!
Our trusty steed.
Which line do we pick?

My Outlet Shopping Attire. Needless to say my physiotherapist was less than pleased when he heard I'd walked all day in those extremely supportive flip flops!
What can I say, they matched my necklace.
Lunch on the go.
After a long day of shopping, we hit the patio at Purple for some wine, appies, and a quick pizza.


Deep thoughts.


Their Beef Carpaccio

Baked Brie

Pancetta and Artichoke Pizza - The appies, were good, but if we're being honest, I can't say I'd order this pizza again.

The dinner experience was made by the sun on the patio, and a nice glass of wine. All in all it was a nice cap off to a great 'girls day' with my best friend. I would give Purple another shot, as the concept is great.
Maybe next time I'll stray away from the pizza menu.


My big purchases: Sorry people, it was outlet shopping, so we're not winning any style prizes here.

Black Skirt JCREW (See lace close up below), striped shirt JCREW, Orange Shorts Banana Republic, Running gear Nike

It would be a disservice not to mention these two gems. This Fashion tape from Nordstroms, comes with a small metal case full of extra strips, perfect for slipping into your clutch on a night out to avoid the inevitable fashion emergency. The Nars blush (colour: Orgasm) from Sephora, I've been meaning to pick-up for a while, but it always seems to be sold out in Vancouver.


Kristin's purchases: Leopard Cardigan JCREW, Mint crop pant Banana Republic, Orange Blazer Gap, Striped tube skirt Madewell, Black Bermuda shorts Banana Republic



Practical everyday purchases, yes. We'll work on our Boutique shopping another day, but now it's definitely time for a good foot soak. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment