Friday 28 August 2015

The 2nd Annual 'Pacific Polo Cup'



On August 16th, Nicola and I packed our picnic and headed to the Pacific Polo Cup at The Southlands Riding Club. This is the second year that the event has taken place, and I was so excited to see Polo return to Vancouver!

Like last year, it was a gorgeous day. We had a great time coordinating our picnic, and putting together all of the tasty goodies. The event had grown immensely from the previous year, which was fun to see. The grounds and set-up looked beautiful, and Vancouverites were out in their finest. Once again, making for fantastic people watching.



The Tickets:

I was a little disappointed to see that the general admission had increased to $20/ person. I know this sounds petty, but it seemed a little steep when you are sitting on the grass, and providing your own picnic. As the calibre of Polo in Vancouver is still developing (which is to be expected, given the club is very young), I'm not entirely convinced it was tremendous 'bang for your buck' (entertainment wise). Let me be the first to say, I'm certainly no expert on Polo matches, but having recently returned from a year in London, I couldn't help but remember that the average price for grounds admission at most of London's Polo clubs was £5 (about $10). This made for an affordable afternoon, not to mention, exciting Polo.

Perhaps next year (should the admission remain the same) that money might go to a Charity.

On a positive note, here are some photos from our day in the sunshine:









And lastly, I had to show you this one...

What a cutie, hey? I think this little guy
 should hang out at Kensington Palace!


Guess what? 
That was my 250th post. 
How on Earth?
Thanks to all the friends and family who encouraged me, 
as not only did it keep me VERY busy, 
but I'm so grateful to have all of these memories (albeit, sometimes trivial) recorded.

I'm not sure I can keep writing during the School year, but it sure would be nice-
fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow 250 posts!! Way to go!! I loved them all :)

    ReplyDelete