Tuesday 28 May 2013

Ping Pong.

On Thursday my friend Rose and I spent the day working on our art project. We were taking pictures on the South Bank, so headed into Ping Pong for lunch.



If you know me, you know that I have NEVER had dim sum. I've been wanting to go for a proper dim sum meal for the last couple of years, and for some reason it was just never meant to be. To say I was excited was an understatement. I knew that I liked Har Gau (shrimp dumplings), as I used to pick them up frozen from the local Asian market (near my apartment in Vancouver) and steam them with broccoli for a light meal. I still don't understand how dim sum is a breakfast thing, but is it ever delicious!

The waitress suggested 4 items per person, and honestly, I found this a little on the heavy side for lunch, but it would be the perfect quantity for a dinner feast.

We sat at a giant round table that was a little large for our party of two, but at that point we decided this would be a great place to bring the rest of the Art crew down to for a group meal. Next time.


What we ordered (in photo order)

1. Hoi Sin Vegetable Puff (good initially but in comparison to the rest...meh.)

2. Har Gau (we ordered two orders of this, as we both love shrimp dumplings)

3. Spinach and Mushroom Dumpling

4. King Prawn and Scallop Sticky Rice

5. Char Sui Bun 

6. Chicken Shu Mai

7. Chicken and Mushroom Rice Pot

#1
#2
#3 
#4
#5
#6
#7

Did you have a good weekend? I had a low key Friday, and then hit some pubs in the Primrose Hill / Camden area on Saturday. This got a little crazy, and we ended up dancing the night away to horrible horrible tunes, and then dealing with the consequences of street meat and an hour long night bus home. 

I can now confirm they turn the lights out on the bus when you get to the end of the line. Comforting.

Sunday and Monday were mostly spent in the common, with an evening adventure to some establishments along Northcote road. Overall, a fun bank holiday weekend.

This week, it's back to work. Rose and I have big ideas, and somehow we've got to write a 2000 word paper between the two of us. I've never composed something that long with another person, so that should be interesting (time consuming).

No comments:

Post a Comment