Thursday 23 August 2012

Fall Must-haves.

Today (as some of my friends headed back to work), I kept myself busy researching a few of fall's 'must-haves' (life is tough as a 'lady of leisure'). I was pleasantly surprised to find that I already owned quite a few of these items. The items I'm posting about today, aren't right off the runway, or by any means cutting edge fashion, but ready-to-wear pieces, that you've probably already seen around town, or may have even purchased last season, and will be pleased to know you can take them into Fall.

As you may remember from Monday's post, I purchased a black lace dress on the weekend for $37, and am feeling quite pleased with myself, as I will pair it with some tights and booties as the weather begins to cool down. I have yet to venture into the high waisted jeans, as I'm a little uneasy about how they may accentuate my hips, but I will give them a try at some point. As for the Military inspired Jacket, I own a vest of a similar style (see the Chambray post), and might make my Barbour Jacket due as a coat. Personally, I've always liked turtlenecks (I know they are hated by many of you, especially the male half of the population), so I'm excited to pair them back into my wardrobe.

As for shoes, I haven't included a picture, but it's looking like the tall boots are back (once again), and we can keep the booties around for another season. I'm hoping to find a statement necklace, that doubles as a collar, and also some snakeskin ballet flats (similar to those below).


Some must haves for Fall


Lace cut out dress
52 CAD - modcloth.com


Mango long sleeve top
30 CAD - mango.com


Maison Scotch fitted jacket
300 CAD - nelly.com


J Brand high rise flare jeans
155 CAD - farfetch.com


Friis & Company black ankle booties
73 CAD - welikefashion.com


Tory Burch ballerina flat
320 CAD - harveynichols.com


Alexander Wang bag
290 CAD - barneys.com


J Crew j crew jewelry
125 CAD - jcrew.com


AX Paris gold necklace
23 CAD - axparis.co.uk


Amrita Singh antique gold necklace
245 CAD - amritasingh.com




When it comes to handbags, It's a little frustrating that everyone (and their dog) seems to be showcasing the classic Celine Boston Tote (you know the one right?).  See Below.


Photo from here.

It's not that I don't like it, but I feel like it's in every second blog post, and on the arm of every second celebrity. Did Celine gift one to every 'A', 'B', and 'C-list' celeb? Who am I kidding? I'm just jealous that it's too expensive for my blood and nobody bothered to gift one in my direction!

However, I do like the pouch style clutch (for both day and night), and right now I have my eyes on this one....
It's $98, so a little more affordable (Gi Gi New York), and can be personalized with up to three initials in Gold. 

As I'm already enforcing next year's student budget on myself (well, I'm trying!), Fall's wardrobe isn't going to be a cake walk. 

Fill me in, if you stumble upon any great finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment